Ingredients for Chickpea and Spinach Soup
1/2 cup diced onions
1-2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
1 can chick peas, rinsed and drained
16-oz can diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning
1 potato, peeled and diced
4 cups spinach
1/2 tsp Aleppo pepper
4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
To taste, if desired:
Grated parmesan cheese
1. In large soup pot, sauté onions in olive oil on medium heat for 3-4 minutes until tender.
2. Add 1-2 cloves garlic. Sauté garlic for 30 seconds.
3. Stir in chick peas, tomatoes, potato, Aleppo pepper, and stock to the pot. Cover with a lid and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes. Veggies should be fork tender.
4. Reduce heat and add spinach until it wilts (about 2-3 minutes).
5. Stir it all, add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Plate it up, garnish with basil and parmesan cheese, and enjoy!