It’s time to start thinking about what you're going to do with those Thanksgiving leftovers, especially the turkey. It’s not unusual to cook extra turkey just to ensure you have leftovers for soup or sandwiches. Here's a roundup of 10 other recipes to spark your cooking imagination.
1. Turkey Picadillo Soft Tacos – Shred leftover turkey to use in these soft tacos filled with spices, raisins, olives and shredded cabbage.
2. Smoked Buffalo Turkey Dip – If you didn’t smoke your turkey, don’t worry, roasted turkey meat works well, too, in this creamy dip that has hot sauce and blue cheese.
3. Turkey Gumbo – The turkey carcass and leftover turkey meat are used to make this large batch of gumbo that feeds 16-20 people, perfect if your holiday guests haven’t left yet.
Turkey Pot Pie is the ultimate family-pleasing, creamy, comfort food. (Photo: jeffreyw/flickr)
4. Turkey Pot Pie Filling on Fluffy Biscuits – The original recipe calls for chicken, but it works just as well with turkey. Serve your leftover cranberry sauce on the side and you have a great meal.
5. Turkey Ramen Bowls – A grownup version of ramen noodles made with fresh ingredients.
6. Turkey Cranberry Almond Wrap – A cold turkey salad in a wrap that can be put together in minutes.
BBQ Turkey Polenta is a creative twist on a chicken-based dish. (Photo: Josie Grant/Shutterstock)
7. BBQ Turkey Polenta – Another recipe where you can easily sub in turkey for the chicken.
8. Thanksgiving Leftover Potato Pancakes – The turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and cranberry sauce all go in this comforting food.
9. Fruity Turkey Curry – Pineapple, banana and apple go into this sweet curry that uses leftover turkey.
10. Turkey and Sweet Potato Hash – Hash is always a great way to use up all sorts of leftovers.