Cinco de Mayo is just a few days away. Have you started planning your Mexican feast yet? Whether you’re throwing dinner together on Cinco de Mayo after a long day of work and a JV baseball game like I will be next Tuesday night, or you just want to make your Mexican dinner less of a hassle, the slow cooker can help.
On Cinco de Mayo, sit back and sip some margaritas while you let your slow cooker do the hard work.
1. Slow Cooker Shredded Beef for Tacos: Beef cubes simmer all day in spices for a flavorful taco filling.
2. Easiest Chicken for Tacos or Burritos Ever: Maybe you like chicken instead of beef inside your tortilla. It doesn’t get much easier than this recipe.
3. Crispy Slow Cooker Carnitas: Use this shredded in tacos, burritos, salads and more.
4. Crock Pot Spanish Rice: The rice is browned on the stovetop first then cooked slowly to let the flavors meld.
5. Slow Cooker Charro Beans: Pintos flavored with bacon, tomatoes and plenty of peppers.
6. Slow Cooker 7-Layer Bean Dip: Get your tortilla chips ready to dip into this flavorful dip full of beef, beans, cheese and more.
7. Slow Cooker Enchilada Quinoa: This protein-packed dish is full of flavor and is ready to be scooped into bowls and served without any other work.
8. Mexican Black Beans: These beans can go in your tacos or burritos or be used as a side dish in your Cinco de Mayo feast.
9. Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowl: Just add fresh ingredients like sliced avocado or sour cream on top of this dish once you plate it up, and you’re good to go.
10. Slow Cooker Vegetarian Quinoa Mexican Bowls with Creamy Avocado Sauce: A healthy bowl full of quinoa, beans and vegetables topped with a creamy sauce.
And, if you must have guacamole and chips on Cinco de Mayo, my go-to basic Guacamole recipe isn’t a slow cooker one, of course, but it does come together quickly. You won't be disappointed.