When it comes to breakfast, do you cook it or pour it from a box? According to Allrecipes.com’s most recent Measuring Cup report, breakfast is having a renaissance in the kitchen. Why is cooking breakfast back in vogue? The report shows that healthier eating goals, tightening food budgets, dietary parameters, an increased interest in home cooking, and the urban chicken boom (something has to be done with those daily eggs), are all contributing to the trend of cooking breakfast instead of pouring a bowl of cereal or skipping breakfast all together.
Scroll through the Allrecipes report. If you find yourself inspired to make breakfast (even if it’s breakfast for dinner), I’ve included some breakfast recipes from the MNN archives below to choose from.
- Stuffed Omelette – Stuffed with veggies and feta cheese.
- Mexican Polenta Pancakes with Guacamole – Salsa, instead of syrup, tops these whole grain pancakes filled with guacamole and onion. These would make a great breakfast for dinner dish.
- Red Quinoa Hot Breakfast Cereal – Added fruit and nuts make this breakfast cereal a powerhouse breakfast.
- Slow Cooker Peach Breakfast – Cooks overnight on the warm setting of your slow cooker, and you wake up to a ready-to-serve breakfast treat.
- Overnight French Toast – Bread soaks up an egg and milk mixture overnight and in the morning, you just pop it in the oven to bake.
- Soft boiled Eggs – Quick and easy. While the eggs are boiling, pop a slice of whole grain bread in the toaster and slice up a little fruit. Home cooked breakfast in 10 minutes!
- Baked Banana Oatmeal Brulee – A different way to get your oats in, this bakes in the oven and can be eaten as bars or served in a bowl covered with warm milk.
- Flax Pancakes with Blueberry Compote – Blueberry season is almost here. Save this recipe!