I grabbed a pint of blueberries yesterday from a farm market, and this morning I made a dozen of these muffins. They’re delicious. Give these lemon-blueberry muffins a try yourself.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- about 1/2 cup milk (I used 1% milk)
- 1 cup fresh, washed blueberries
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a dozen muffin cups or line with muffin/cupcake liners.
Combine the flours, sugar, salt, lemon zest and baking powder.
Place vegetable oil into a 1-cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill to the one-cup line.
Mix this with flour mixture until everything is mixed well but don’t over mix.
Fold in the blueberries gently.
Fill muffin cups evenly with the batter.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
- If you don’t have white whole wheat flour, you can use 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Out of season, you could use frozen blueberries in this recipe, but if blueberries are in season, it’s certainly worth it to use the fresh ones.
- Try using other fresh seasonal berries that you think would go well with lemon in this recipe.