Stout isn’t just for drinking. It’s a flavorful addition to many foods. Here are five recipes where you can use the classic Guinness Stout. Or, if you want a more local flare for your dishes, use a stout from a local brewery.
- Irish Cheddar and Stout Fondue – Browned onions, flavorful Irish cheddar cheese and a hearty stout beef combine in this fondue. Irish brown bread cubes, apples and steamed potatoes or Brussels sprouts make good dippers.
- Guinness Bread with Molasses – This quick bread can be eaten right out of the oven or toasted with butter the next day.
- Guinness Chocolate Bread Pudding, Dark Sauce, and Vanilla Bean and Brown Sugar Ice Cream – This looks so decadent and delicious. The recipe calls for making your own ice cream, but you could buy ice cream and just make the Irish soda bread pudding and sauce (both with stout in them).
- Guinness Onion Soup with Blue Cheese Croutons – Reduced stout gives a depth of flavor to a homemade onion soup. Blue cheese croutons sound like the perfect topper.
- Beets in Guinness with Beet Greens – Beets, kale and stout together. An interesting combination that gets sautéed with butter for a side dish.