Mushroom and Cheddar Baked Potatoes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
Yield: Feeds 4 as a side dish
- 1 large Russet potatoes, halved
- 3 tbs. olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 small broccoli head, chopped
- 6 white button or crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Place potatoes cut side down on baking sheet, brush with olive oil. Place on center rack of oven 30 to 40 minutes, or until fork tender.
Add 2 tbs. olive oil to large skillet heat for about 1 minute over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion, broccoli and mushrooms, cook until tender about 6 to 8 minutes.
Remove potatoes from oven, allow for cooling before scooping out center with spoon. Place scooped potato in mixing bowl, mash a bit, then add vegetables. Stir and add salt and pepper to taste.
Fill potato skins with stuffing, top ingredients with cheese. Return potatoes to oven for about 6 minutes, until cheese melts and turns bubbly.