Spicy Curry Noodles
- 8 ounces Asian noodles, dry weight
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, divided
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin
- 5 shiitake mushrooms
- 3 green onions, stemmed and sliced, tops reserved
- Dash red chili oil, optional
Total time: 30 minutes
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cool water. Set aside.
- Combine curry powder and spices in mixing bowl. Stir.
- Heat oil in large heavy-bottomed skillet about 1 minute. Add curry seasoning. Stir and cook 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add dash of coconut milk. Stir. Add yellow onion, garlic and ginger. Cook 2 to 3 minutes more. Add soy sauce and stir.
- Add pepper, mushrooms and green onions. Cook over medium-high heat, until pepper becomes tender. Add remaining coconut milk. Stir. Add noodles. Stir-fry combined ingredients until noodles absorb soy-coconut-curry sauce. Plate and serve.