Ripe tomatoes need almost no adornment, but the addition of fresh herbs and a little salt turns a refreshing vegetable into a refined salad.
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced thin
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, sliced thin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup arugula, loosely packed
- Balsamic vinegar to taste
- Olive oil to taste
- Handful fresh basil, shredded
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Stack sliced cheese and tomato sections on cutting board. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place arugula on center of plate. Drizzle with vinegar and olive oil. Arrange sections around salad. Garnish with fresh basil. Serve at room temperature.
Serves 4 with rustic bread