Pineapple Sweet Chili Fruit Pops
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 4 hours
Yield: 6-8 pops
- 1 cup filtered water
- 4 tablespoons organic sugar
- 2 1/2 cups pineapple, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- Pinch salt
- Bring water to boil in saucepan. Add sugar and stir until dissolved. Set aside to cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- While simple syrup cools, cut pineapple in half, peel skin and cube.
- Combine pineapple, simple syrup, lime and chili sauce in blender. Process until blended, about 30 seconds.
- Pour into molds about 2/3 full. Cover with a sheet of plastic wrap and place form in freezer for 1 about hour. When pops are slushy, slash small holes in covering and insert sticks. Freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- Run molds under warm water for a few seconds. Thaw 2-3 minutes. Gently tug on sticks to remove pops from mold and serve.