Doubles as a salad and dessert topping. Pair with fresh baby spinach or over two heaping scoops of vanilla ice cream.
Balsamic StrawberriesServes 4 to 6
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh mint (optional garnish)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Combine strawberries, sugar and vinegar in ceramic mixing bowl. Stir gently and let stand for about 10 minutes. Serve at room temperature.