Crispy Zucchini Rounds
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: Feeds 2
- 2 medium-sized zucchini, about 1 lb.
- 1/4 cup panko or break crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- Canola oil
Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
Rinse and cut zucchini into 1/4 inch rounds.
Combine panko, cheese, seasoning and garlic in large mixing bowl. Add half the zucchini and toss until evenly coated. Repeat with second batch.
Spray two baking sheets with canola oil. Place rounds on baking sheet. Place sheets on top racks and bake for 10 minutes. Flip rounds and rotate sheets to ensure even cooking. Cook about 10 minutes more, or until golden brown. Turn off oven and crack oven door, and allow rounds to cool, about 5 minutes.