Clementine — often called Christmas orange — in the form of sorbet is the ideal palate cleanser after a heavy meal.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes, plus refrigeration
Yield: About 1 quart
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3 cups clementine juice (about 4 pounds of fruit)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, chilled
- Bring water to boil. Slowly add sugar and zest. Stir until dissolved. Remove from heat and cool, about 30 minutes. Strain contents through a metal sieve into a mixing bowl.
- While contents cool, halve clementines and juice, yielding about 3 cups. Add juice to mixing bowl. To catch pulp and seeds, pour through metal sieve. Add coconut milk and stir until blended, about 1 minute.
- Pour contents into ice cream maker container. Stir periodically until almost frozen, about 3 hours. Serve immediately.