Roasted Habanero Hot Sauce
- 6 whole habanero peppers, stemmed
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 small carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 head garlic, top removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Dash sea salt
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lime, juiced
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- Use gloves to stem and process habaneros.
- Combine habaneros, onion, carrots and garlic in baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on center rack of oven and cook 20 to 25 minutes. Mix once so ingredients cook evenly. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Add ingredients to food processor. Process until coarse paste forms, scraping down down the sides with a spoon or plastic spatula, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add lime juice and process until well blended, about 10 seconds.
Yield: Makes 8 ounces