Pear, Walnut and Blue Cheese Salad
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: Feeds 4 to 6
- 1 tbs. honey butter
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 4 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups leafy greens romaine, arugula or mesclun
- 2 Anju pears, rinsed and sliced thin
- 2 to 4 oz. crumbled blue cheese
Melt honey butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add walnut pieces to pan. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove walnuts from heat and dust with cayenne.
To make dressing, combine the olive oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, shallot in a sealable glass jar. Shake jar, add salt and pepper to taste.
Rinse leafy greens and pat dry. In a large salad bowl, combine leafy greens with pears and blue cheese. Add dressing and toss lightly until greens are lightly coated. Plate and serve.