Stuffed Avocado Salad
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: Feeds 1 to 2
- 1 tbs. light olive oil
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 large avocado, halved and pitted
- 6 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 yellow pepper, stemmed, seeded and sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbs. cilantro, chopped fine + garnish
- 1 wedge red onion, sliced thin
- 1 tbs. pine nuts, (optional) divided
To make dressing: In a small mixing bowl, combine olive oil, lime, salt and cayenne powder and whisk.
Scoop out flesh from avocado halves. Set aside shells. Place avocado in second larger mixing bowl and chop. Add tomatoes, pepper, garlic, cilantro, red onion and pines nuts. Pour dressing over top to ensure vegetables are evenly coated.
Plate avocado shells, spoon contents of mixing bowl into shells. Serve immediately.