Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: Feeds 4
- 4 tortillas, toasted
- 2 tbs. canola oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pinch cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, about 6 cups shredded
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 vine-ripened tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro, stemmed and chopped
- 4 tbs. plain yogurt
- Juice of half lime
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup grated pepper jack cheese plus extra
- Salsa fresca, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Lightly brush tortillas with oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cumin. Place on baking sheet and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until crisp. Remove from oven to cool.
Meanwhile prep vegetables, lettuce, pepper, tomato, and avocado. Combine in large salad bowl.
Combine yogurt, cilantro and lime plus 1 tbs. oil in food processor. Whiz until ingredients become creamy about 30 seconds.
Add dressing to salad mix, add drained black beans, add grated cheese. Lightly toss ingredients until blended. Using tortillas as the base. Place about 1.5 cup of salad mix per serving on plate.