Banana Nut Bread
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: Makes 1 loaf
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 level teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3 ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil, plus extra
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice in a mixing bowl. Stir until blended, about 30 seconds.
- In a second bowl, combine banana, eggs, and canola oil. Mash until well blended, about 2 minutes.
- Indent flour. Pour wet ingredients into dry. Stir until a thick batter forms, about 2 minutes. Add walnuts and stir. Pour ingredients into a lightly oiled baking pan.
- Place on the center rack of oven and cook for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out cleanly when inserted in the center. Remove from oven and allow cake to cool for 1 hour.