Blue Cheese, Pear and Walnut Pizza
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes to allow dough to breathe
Yield: Makes 2-4 servings
- 16 ounces readymade pizza dough
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 sprigs rosemary, stripped and loosely chopped
- 2 ounces red or white wine vinegar
- Dusting flour
- 4 ounces olive oil, plus extra
- 2 firm Bosch pears, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
Prep pizza dough according to package directions. Allow dough to breathe for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile combine 1/4 cup blue cheese, garlic, mustard, rosemary and vinegar in a food processor. Pulse for about 30 seconds, scraping down the sides. Slowly add olive oil until a thick paste forms.
Lightly grease a baking sheet. Dust hands with flour and use palm and fingers press dough into the corners of the sheet. Place on center rack of oven and cook for about 5 minutes. As the dough rises, slice pears.
Remove crust from oven, layer with paste, pears, mozzarella and walnuts. Brush edges with olive oil. Return to over for about 10 minutes more, until cheese is melted. Set oven to broil and cook for about 3 minutes, remove when cheese begins to turn golden brown.