Portobello Mushrooms with Feta and Roasted Vegetables
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: Makes 2 servings
- 1 red pepper, stemmed, seeded and sectioned
- 1 large vine-ripened tomato, halved and quartered
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, stripped and chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place vegetables in baking dish. Combine with 2 tablespoons oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic and parsley. Toss lightly. Place baking sheet on center rack of oven. Place dish on rack and cook 20 to 25 minutes, until fork tender. Remove from oven.
Meanwhile, rinse and stem mushrooms. Using the rounded edge of spoon gently scrape off gills. Brush caps with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place mushrooms gill side up directly on baking sheet. Cook about 5 minutes until mushrooms begin to relax. Remove baking sheet from oven.
Spoon roasted vegetables into mushrooms. Add feta. Pour juice from baking dish over mushrooms. Return to oven until cheese begins to melt, about 10 minutes. Set oven to broil and place sheet on top rack of oven. Remove sheet when cheese begins to brown, about 2 minutes.