Yams don’t have to be smothered in stuff to taste good. Lightly seasoning them with butter and oil is more than enough.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Yield: Serves 2-4
- 2 midsized Garnet yams
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut yams in half lengthwise and place in 1 large or 2 small baking pans, flesh side down. Brush yams with oil.
- Place pan on center rack of oven, and at the 30-minute mark check yams for tenderness.
- Brush skin with juices that yam yields. Remove from oven when soft, about 40 minutes. Brush with butter if you like. Plate and serve.