Grilled Veggies with Goat Cheese
Tangy goat cheese pairs nicely with the sweetness of grilled vegetables for a memorable sandwich. Use any remaining ingredients to make a salad.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 6 ounces olive oil, divided
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 1 eggplant, cut into medallions 1/2-inch thick
- 2 red peppers, stemmed, seeded and sectioned
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, quartered (optional)
- 4 6-inch Italian loaves
- Rinse vegetables and prep grill.
- Reconstitute sun-dried tomatoes in 2 ounces of olive oil. Add salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar. Stir vinaigrette and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, fold Italian seasoning into goat cheese, about 2 minutes. Set goat cheese aside.
- Brush vegetables with remaining olive oil. Place eggplant in grill pan over medium-high heat and cook about 5 minutes. Carefully turn until tender and lightly charred. Repeat with remaining vegetables.
- Slice and slather bread bottoms with goat cheese. Layer each sandwich with grilled vegetables. Top with leafy greens and sun-dried vinaigrette.