Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Meaty mushrooms make a crust-free pizza with toppings. Use any remaining ingredients to make a salad.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 6 ounces goat cheese at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- Pinch kosher salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 4 ounces olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 portobello mushrooms, stemmed and gills removed
- Handful basil leaves
- Combine goat cheese and Italian seasoning in small mixing bowl. Stir and set aside.
- In a second bowl, combine garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, shallot, salt, pepper, 2 ounces olive oil and 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar. Stir and set aside.
- Stem mushrooms. Gently scrape off gills using rounded end of spoon. Brush each side with olive oil. Cook mushrooms gill side down on grill, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove mushrooms from grill.
- Plate gill side up. Stuff mushrooms with an even coating goat cheese. Top with sun-dried tomatoes. Return mushrooms to grill. Add basil. Cover and cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until fork tender.