Grilled Romaine with Creamy Vinaigrette
- 2 Romaine hearts
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 5 teaspoons Champagne vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped fine
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 8 grape or baby heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese (optional garnish)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Rinse lettuce and pat dry. Cut in half lengthwise.
To make vinaigrette, combine olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, shallots and Worcestershire sauce in small jar. Close lid and shake well.
Place Romaine hearts on grill for one or two minutes, searing but not scorching the lettuce. Remove from heat.
Plate lettuce. Tuck tomatoes into leaves. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Garnish with feta cheese. Serve with flatbread.
Serves 4 as an appetizer