Penne Pasta Salad with Black Olives
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1 pound penne pasta, dry weight
- 2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, halved
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, shaved
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
To make the dressing, combine 4 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice and garlic in small jar. Close lid and shake well. After several minutes remove garlic.
Add pasta to large pot of boiling water. Cook for about 12 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Place in large mixing bowl and add 1 tablespoon of oil to prevent sticking.
Add tomatoes, basil and black olives. Add dressing and toss gently. Garnish with cheese.