Dark Chocolate Tofu Pie
Tofu turns to the dark side in this velvety deeply chocolate dessert.
- 16 ounces soft tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 1/2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking chips
- 2 ounces powdered dark cacao, about 1/2 cup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Pinch salt
- 1 ready-made graham cracker pie crust
- 1 crumbled cookie, optional garnish
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes, plus 3 hours to chill
- Add tofu to blender set to pulse. Process until rough paste forms, about 1 minute.
- Add chocolate and cacao. Process about 1 minute until chocolate is blended.
- Add vanilla extract, maple syrup, milk and salt, using spoon to scrape down the sides. Puree until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon mix into pie crust. Freeze about 3 hours and serve.
Yield: 1 9-inch pie