Artichoke and Capers Salad
- 1 16-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 medium-sized red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 to 6 sprigs fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 4 ounces olive oil
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Wash and prep artichoke hearts, red pepper and onion. Combine with olive oil in large mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Arrange on large baking sheet. Cook in oven until skin of pepper begins to blister and blacken.
Toss ingredients for vinaigrette into blender. Process for about 20 seconds, or until liquid.
Remove peppers and artichoke from oven. Allow to cool before adding capers. Add half vinaigrette and toss gently, or drizzle over top of plated artichokes. Serve warm.