- 1 1/2 pounds vine-grown tomatoes, sliced thick
- 1 medium-sized red pepper, stemmed, seeded and sliced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps, sliced
- 1 9-inch premade pizza crust
- 8 ounces mozzarella, sliced thin
- 8 to 10 leaves teaspoon fresh basil, torn
- Red pepper flakes to taste
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Rinse and prep tomatoes and red pepper. Mix in large bowl with 2 tablespoons olive oil, dried herbs, salt and garlic. Set aside for a few minutes.
Lightly coat large baking sheet with 1 tablespoon oil. Place red pepper, garlic and tomatoes on sheet and cook in oven until tomatoes start to brown, about 10 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for about 10 more minutes or until mushrooms brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool a bit.
Brush outer crust of pizza with remaining oil, using extra if needed. Place cooked vegetables on pizza crust and top with mozzarella and fresh basil. Return to oven until cheese starts to crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove and let stand for a few minutes. Serve hot.