Garlic Mustard Pesto
- 3 cups garlic mustard greens, chopped and packed. Pick greens from an unsprayed area and thoroughly wash them.
- 6 ounces pine nuts or walnuts
- 1 teaspoon garlic mustard root, sliced
- 4 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 6 ounces virgin olive oil
- 8 cups cooked penne pasta
- Salt to taste
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Toss mustard greens, pine nuts, root and chives into food processor. Add olive oil slowly while blending.
Serve with cooked penne pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
Serves 6 to 8