Cool and creamy avocado soup slides down easy. The ideal dish on a hot summer's day.
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced (reserve slices for garnish)
- 1 large avocado, peeled and sliced (reserve slices garnish)
- 2 green onions, tops and roots removed
- 1 1/2 cups yogurt, Greek or plain
- Handful of fresh mint, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon zest and fresh mint (optional garnish)
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 45 min
Total time: 60 min
Rinse and prep the vegetables. Combine the first six ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir gently.
Add the combined ingredients to blender. Process for about 30 seconds or until smooth. Blend in two batches if necessary. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes or until cool.
Use reserved cucumber slices, avocado, zest and mint leaves to make a garnish. Serve immediately.