You may be roughing it, but that doesn’t mean you can’t indulge in a rich dessert.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 11.1-ounce package instant cheesecake mix
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- At home: In a plastic freezer bag combine the cheesecake crust mix, the ground ginger and the crystallized ginger. In a second bag, combine the cheesecake mix, powdered milk and remaining spices.
- On the trail: In a pan, combine the cheesecake mix with 1 1/2 cups of water and stir to break up any lumps. Set aside to firm. Once the cake is ready, pour the crust mix over the top and enjoy.
* This dessert works best when made in cooler temperatures.
Courtesy of Onepanwonders.com