Make your campfire a little more festive by whipping up this simple, mess-free fondue.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 6
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2/3 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 cups food to dip (fruit, marshmallows, bite-size pieces of cake, etc.)
- At home: Store cream in insulated container, and pack other ingredients in leak-proof containers
- On the trail: Break up chocolate, if necessary, and place in pan or bowl. Bring some water to a boil, and then pour just enough water into the bowl to cover the chocolate. Let the chocolate and water sit for about 10 minutes, and then drain the water off the top. Pour in the cream and vanilla, stir well, and start dipping!