Not all desserts have to be frosted with guilt. If you have a sweet tooth, there are lots of ways to have delicious, nutrient-rich desserts that ditch the refined sugar and processed ingredients that have such a dramatic impact on our waistlines and arteries. The key to getting away from refined sugar is to make your own treats — and that's where these recipes come in.
Here are recipes for desserts that use fruits, honey and other natural ingredients to get the right level of sweetness to create a beautiful, decadent dessert the whole family with love:
- Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream Cupcakes
- Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Date Frosting
- Raw Chocolate Walnut Brownie Bites
- Sweet and Salty Peanut Butter Chocolate Popcorn Balls
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Ice Cream Sandwiches