Artichoke and Asparagus Deviled Eggs
Green eggs? Yes please! These beautiful appetizers have a delicious yet light flavor.
About This Dish
A perfect way to invite spring onto the menu is with a bright, light and, of course, green appetizer. These deviled eggs are simple yet offer a delicious twist to the average deviled egg. Topped with a delicate asparagus spear and a sprinkling of parsley, they are a delight for the eyes and the mouth!
- Cutting board
- Kitchen knife
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup steamed asparagus, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup very finely diced marinated artichoke hearts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Cut the eggs in half and place the yolks in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the asparagus, sour cream, mayonnaise, parsley, mustard and lemon juice. Using a hand blender, blend the mixture until smooth.
- Add in the very finely diced artichoke hearts and stir to combine. Add in the sea salt to taste.
- Spoon the mixture into the egg whites. Garnish with very small tips of asparagus, a sprinkling of parsley and, if desired, a bit of fresh lemon zest.
- Serve and enjoy!