Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 salads
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly minced thyme or rosemary
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, or to taste
- A dash salt and pepper to taste
- 1 oz fresh sheep's milk cheese or goat cheese
- In a small skillet over a low heat, place the olive oil, walnuts and herbs. Leave to heat for several minutes allowing the flavors to infuse the oil. Make sure it isn't too hot or the walnuts will burn. When lightly toasted, remove the walnuts from the heat. Add a squeeze of lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the walnuts over a bed of arugula, and add the cheese. Serve immediately before it wilts.
Related recipes on MNN: