Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes (including refrigeration time)
Total time: 70 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup raw cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 bunch watercress, thick stems removed
- 1 medium Hass avocados, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts, salted or unsalted for garnish
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the vinegar, sugar, a pinch of salt, and 2 tablespoons water. Simmer on low, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the ginger and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally as the dressing bubbles gently and thickens.
- Once the dressing gains the texture of syrup, remove from the heat, cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until very cold.
- To serve, create a bed of your greens on each plate. Overlap the avocado slices on top. Drizzle each with the ginger dressing. Add a garnish of chopped peanuts and a pinch of salt.
- Serve and enjoy!
Related recipes on MNN: