Avocado Toast with Tangy Olive Tapenade
About This Dish
Olive tapenade is incredibly easy to make, and it adds so much flavor to a dish. It's a great spread to have around all the time to brighten up salads, sandwiches and yes, avocado toast. You can toss the ingredients in a food processor or blender, or simply take a little time to finely chop everything together with a kitchen knife. In just a few minutes, you'll have a fresh and flavorful meal full of healthy fats to keep you going for the day.
- Food processor
- Kitchen knife
- Cutting board
- 1 small loaf ciabatta bread
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, pitted and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup black olives
- 1⁄2 cup green olives
- 1⁄2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 package radish sprouts
- 1 vine-ripened organic tomato
- Place the olives, capers, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice in a food processor and pulse until all the ingredients are finely diced. Avoid mincing everything, as the tapenade should be a little chunky.
- Scrape the mixture from the food processor and into a bowl or small jar.
- Slice the ciabatta loaf into thick slices. Brush the tops of the slices with a little olive oil and add them to the oven or toaster until golden brown.
- Spread a layer of the tapenade to the toast, then generously layer avocado slices, tomato slices and radish sprouts on top. Sprinkle a little extra lemon juice and a dash of coarse sea salt if desired.