Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- 4 rainbow trout or sea bass fillets, pin bones removed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 recipe green tahini sauce (see below)
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- Seeds from 1/2 a pomegranate
- Coarse sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup tahini paste
- 2/3 cup water
- 6 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped if making by hand
- 4 lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Season the fish with plenty of salt and pepper and lay it, skin side down, on the pan. Drizzle with the olive oil and then bake for 6 to 7 minutes. The fish should be firm and "bounce" back when you poke it with a finger.
- To make the tahini sauce: In a bowl, thoroughly whisk together the tahini, water, lemon juice, garlic and salt. The mixture should be creamy and smooth. If it is too thick, add more water. Stir in the chopped parsley and taste, adding more salt if necessary.
- If using a food processor or a blender, process together all the ingredients except the parsley until smooth. Add more water if needed. Add the parsley and turn the machine on again for a second or two. Taste for seasoning.
- Place the fish on serving plates and spoon the tahini sauce generously on top. Garnish with the chopped parsley, lemon zest and pomegranate seeds. Place a lemon wedge next to the fish and serve at once.
Find more recipes on MNN: