One of my very favorite recipes that my aunt makes is her "Everything Salad" — it includes everything but the kitchen sink. I love salads that are packed with every delicious vegetable you can dream up, especially when they seem like they wouldn't go well together because usually, that assumption is wrong and you discover a whole new delicious flavor combination.
Another reason I love salads like these is because you can usually make them with whatever you have in the refrigerator, including vegetables cooked up in recipes earlier in the week. That's just what this salad is about. It pulls together odds and ends including hearty beans, comforting roasted potatoes, crispy asparagus and the bite of olives all combined with a spoonful of pesto.
You can make this salad according to the recipe or be more adventurous, substituting and adding ingredients that are readily available in your kitchen. Inspired by Kelly Rossiter.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 salads
- 1 tbsp pesto
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup asparagus, sliced
- 10 olives, sliced in half
- 2 cups lettuce, roughly chopped
- In a large bowl, add the pesto and drizzle in olive oil until it has the consistency of a sauce.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients and toss until everything is coated with the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!