Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 hours, 15 minutes
Yield: 10 popsicles
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1 1/2 cups blackberries
- 1 cup brown sugar<</li>
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- Warm the 1 1/4 cup of milk in a small sauce pan but do not bring it to a boil. Add the 3 sprigs of thyme, cover and let it steep for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the 1/2 cup of honey and mix well.
- Transfer the milk-mixture to a measuring cup. Add the 1/2 cup chèvre to the pan. Add equal parts of the milk-mixture and whisk the ingredients together, emulsifying them. You may need heat for this.
- In a separate sauce pan, add the 1 1/2 cup of blackberries and lightly mash them. Add the 1 cup of brown sugar and warm the mixture over a medium-high heat until the sugar has completely combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a measuring cup that holds at least 2 cups. You should have at least 1 cup of blackberry syrup. If you do, mix in 1/3 cup of bourbon. If it is less, you will need to adjust the bourbon as you can only freeze liquids that are 20% alcohol. So you will have to do some math to adjust — sorry!
- Combine the mixtures in your popsicle mold, add the popsicle sticks and freeze them for about 10 hours.
Get more recipes on MNN: