Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
Ingredients for Cevapcici
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground lamb (If ground lamb is unavailable, skip the lamb and raise the quantity of ground pork to 2 pounds)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon hot Hungarian paprika (or cayenne if you don’t have hot paprika)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped dill
- Mix the ground meats and egg in a bowl. Add the garlic, salt, black pepper and paprika and mix well using your hands.
- Form into finger-length sausages about three-quarters of an inch thick.
- Lightly grease the grilling surface and grill the sausages, turning as needed, for about 20 minutes on medium to low heat.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix well and keep refrigerated until needed. Serve with the cevapcici and freshly baked bread.