Prep time: 20 min
Total time: 20 min
Yield: About 1.5-2 cups
Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- 2 medium size ripe avocados
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup agave or maple syrup (or honey for a non-vegan version)
- 3 dates soaked in warm water for 15 minutes and chopped
- 1/2 cup fair trade cocoa powder
- 2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 - 1 cup unsweetened original almond milk or similar non-dairy milk
- Add ingredients to a blender or food processor in this order: oil, dates, honey, vanilla, half your non-dairy milk, avocados, cocoa powder.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes until smooth. Pour in additional non-dairy milk a little at a time until the pudding is the consistency you want. Remember it will thicken after chilling in the refrigerator.
- Spoon the pudding into ramekins or bowls, cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Related links on MNN: