Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1.5 cups cooked and chilled couscous (or quinoa)
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cucumber, chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and cubed
- 6 olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- Dash of salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl add the cooked couscous, the celery, onion, red pepper, cucumber, avocado, olives and capers.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar, mustard and thyme leaves. Taste and add more vinegar if you like.
- Pour vinaigrette over couscous and vegetables and stir to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Related recipes on MNN:
- Tuscan White Bean Soup
- Swiss Chard and Goat Cheese Casserole
- Spinach and Avocado Salad with Garlic Mustard Vinaigrette