Egg Salad-Stuffed Avocados
Classic egg salad gets a lift when you use an avocado as a bowl.
About This Dish
It's the little things in life that make big differences. And a little avocado makes a big difference for... well, for most meals. That holds true for the classic egg salad, too. Rather than spooning it between two slices of bread, spoon it into half an avocado and dive in to something a little bit different and a lot more delicious.
- Cutting board
- Kitchen knife
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups an spoons
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 2 large ripe Hass avocados, halved and pitted
- 1⁄4 cup dill relish
- 2-3 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chopped eggs, dill relish, capers, mustard, mayonnaise, parsley and celery. Stir until ingredients are thoroughly combined. Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the egg salad into the avocado halves. Garnish with a pinch of paprika. Serve and enjoy!