A grilled cheese sandwich is good, but it can be great with the addition of a little avocado.
Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Prep time: 10 minutes
Freeze time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 sandwich
- 2 slices of bread
- 1/3 cup Best Guacamole Ever!
- 5 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 2 slices tomato
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- I used shredded cheese for this recipe because I melt the cheese in the broiler first so that the tomatoes and cilantro get covered in gooey cheese.
- So take your two slices of bread and place them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Put some cheese on the bread, then add the cilantro and tomato (each on a different slice). Then top with more cheese.
- Place the tray in the broiler just long enough for the cheese to melt, about 30 seconds or so. The key here is to melt the cheese but don't wilt the cilantro.
- Remove the tray from the boiler and smear on some guac.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of butter to an iron skillet and melt it over a medium-high heat. Then place the assembled sandwich in the skillet and brown on both sides, melting the cheese further.
This recipe was originally published on CookingStoned.TV and is republished with permission here.