Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 salads
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 cup diced fresh or canned tomatoes
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta (omit for a vegan version of this salad)
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add the cumin and cook, stirring until toasted and fragrant, about 1 minute; transfer to a bowl.
- Add the lime juice, salt, pepper and cumin. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until everything is well combined.
- In a large bowl, pour the dressing over the chopped onions. Let sit for about 10 minutes. Add in the celery, tomato and chickpeas and toss to combine.
- Add in the feta, toss once or twice to combine, then serve and enjoy!
Related recipes on MNN: