Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2-4 servings
- 12 oz firm tofu, cubed
- 1 small onion, peeled & chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp dried chili flakes
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 bag washed baby spinach leaves
- 1 squeeze lemon juice (about 2 tsp)
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until it is just translucent.
- Add the spices and stir to coat the onions. Cook together for about 30 seconds until the mixture is fragrant, then add the cubed tofu. Gently stir everything together until it is thoroughly mixed.
- Cover the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the tofu is hot all the way through.
- Add spinach and stir until the greens just barely begin to wilt, then add your lemon juice and stir as the spinach finishes wilting, about 10-15 seconds. Be careful not to overcook the spinach.
- Plate and serve the dish immediately, and enjoy a hot and spicy breakfast!
Related posts on MNN: