Football season is in full-swing, but don't let unhealthy tailgate food spoil your diet. Try these oven-baked, spicy French fries from Men's Health magazine instead of your standard oil-fried spuds.
Men's Health Spicy Oven Fries
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 35 min
Total time: 45 min
- 4 russet potatoes, cut lengthwise into 12 wedges
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Dip the cut potatoes in egg to coat and place in a bowl.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and sprinkle over the potatoes, toss well to coat.
- Place the wedges on the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn the potatoes over and bake for 15 minutes or until crisp.
Yields 4 servings.