Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 12 mini frittatas
- 8 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup 1% cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3-4 leaves Swiss chard, de-stemmed and chopped
- 2 heaping cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease one 12-cup or two 6-cup muffin tins.
- In a large bowl add eggs, ricotta, cream and Parmesan and whisk together.
- In a small sautee pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil. Add the onions and saute until translucent and just beginning to brown. Add the Swiss chard, spinach, salt and pepper and stir until the greens just begin to wilt. Add the mixture to your bowl and stir to combine.
- Ladle the mixture into the muffin tins, filling each cup to about 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- Place the tins on the center rack of the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the top edges are just turning golden brown. Test for doneness by jiggling the muffin tin; if the center no longer jiggles, then the eggs are set and they're done.
- Remove from the oven. Let the frittatas cool in the tin for about 2 minutes. Scrape around the edges of the cup to lift each frittata out and place on a wire rack. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
Related on MNN:
- 5-Ingredient Breakfast Granola Bars
- Healthy Banana Blueberry Bread
- Orange-Cranberry Muffins with Pecans