Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 70 minutes (including chilling for 1 hour)
Yield: About 2 cups of spread
- 1 8-ounce package of organic 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (you can use canned or make your own)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice or ground cloves
- 1 sprinkle of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the softened cream cheese, pumpkin and sugar until smooth. Add the spices and vanilla and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Cover and refrigerate for about an hour to let it firm up and let the spices take hold for a nice flavor.
Related posts on MNN: